What to do about leaves?

Swampwoman

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 27, 2012
Grand Rapids, MI
^Pool skim is by far your cheapest date on this one, compared to all the maintenance and sanitation issues you will have if you're not filtering your water AND you're letting debris accumulate. Another part remedy would be the considerably more expensive, solar powered surface skimmer called the Solar Breeze.

But a pool skim alone will not eradicate the need for more frequent, albeit quick, maintenance or at least purview.

I work long hours too but a quick daily skimmer check at dawn is more than worth the frog and worm carnage that would otherwise putrify with all those leaves if left for even a day ;) Perhaps you are not living in the kind of woodland wonder I am and you don't get frogs or occasional chipmunks in your skimmer, but trust me...dump that skimmer basket every morning before you pop into the shower and you may find you don't even need the pool skim!

slpybeartx

Mar 7, 2017
North Texas
So, legitimate questions for the OP because I don't follow. You say you have a lot of trees, but work a lot during the week and only get to the skimmers on the weekends.

Do you live in this house during the week?

Do you not check your skimmers every day?

robl45

Oct 27, 2007
Parkland, FL
I leave when it's dark and get home when it's dark. I don't have time to mess with it during the week. I'm looking at the skimmer basket with tower but need to identify what skimmer I have