what time of day should i be worrying about minimum FC level?

how much do i want to generate each day? the entire 3-4ppm expected loss?

the calculator tells me for an 8 hour runtime i need to bump that up to 80%, which based on discussions here seems way over what i need...so i'm guessing i don't need to aim for 3-4ppm. right?

You need to generate chlorine each day to replace your FC loss. If you have less than 3-4 ppm loss right now, great. Just be sure you are generating enough chlorine each day to replace the loss. And that you NEVER go below minimum FC during the day. Erring on the high side is much better than being too low.

how much do i want to generate each day? the entire 3-4ppm expected loss?

the calculator tells me for an 8 hour runtime i need to bump that up to 80%, which based on discussions here seems way over what i need...so i'm guessing i don't need to aim for 3-4ppm. right?
Better to err on the side of too much. You’re going to need to plan on making continuous adjustments over the next few days/weeks.
I’d set it high and adjust down from there until you find your happy place

Reactions: crackers8199
well, i guess it's a good thing i bumped it to 40% for the 8pm-10pm run last night...i came out this morning and the SWG wasn't running. checked the timer and the ON trip for 6am had fallen down to sit right next to the OFF trip for noon.

i fixed the tripper and turned it on manually, but not until i saw it around 9:45...so i'm only getting 2.25 hours of runtime this morning rather than the full 6. i guess i'll have to keep an eye on it the rest of the day and add bleach if necessary. also, i really need to get a digital timer to prevent this from happening...

so, after bumping the cell to 40% and having the issue yesterday where it did not run all morning like it was supposed to, i just did my weekly test. did it a little early today (it's 10:30am, normally i would do this at noon when the morning SWG run is complete but we're heading out for the day so i wanted to make sure i get it done)...

DPD FC test only shows 5.0. last two weeks it has been 6.5 and then 6.0.

is it likely this is because of the lower runtime yesterday, or is it possible it's just because i'm testing 1.5 hours earlier than normal? would the next hour and a half of the generator running add another 1 to 1.5ppm (keeping in mind it's now at 40%, not 20%)?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Turn off the SWCG for a day and the FC level will drop.
You can start dissolving the CYA.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.