What should I do?

emac

May 24, 2017
abbeville, SC
I know this isnt much of a problem. I have had my pool about 6 years and just had my first breakdown. The Pentair multi valve started dripping water. I tried to swap the valve around to see if it was just something in the valve, but it continued to drip. I figured it was the gasket, but decided to check the bolts and I iether cracked the top housing cover or really opened the small crack. I think it was already cracked as the gasket didnt look very bad. :)

It will take several days to get a new housing and gasket. Should I:

1. turn off the pool and add a bunch of chlorine
2. let it leak (its a steady spitting) and add water prn and run the pump normal.
3. Just run the pump several hours a day

I know, probably doesnt really make a huge difference, just pondering the question in my head and thought others might be bored too. Thanks!

I got the new cover and spider gasket installed today. I picked the hottest part of the day to remove the old glued in gasket as I enjoy sweat pouring into my glasses as I scrape bits of rubber.

Glued in the new gasket and we are back up and running. No more leaks.

I think throwing chlorine pucks in the skimmer probably wasn't helpful to the life span (6 years) of the gasket. I think I am going to stop doing that and get a floater when I want to use a chlorine puck.

Reactions: Texas Splash
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.