What Kind of Vacuum / Cleaner for Thursday Pearl?

Naxia Lascif

Jun 9, 2020
Plano
Hi everybody!!

I just got my Thursday Pools Pearl installed a few weeks ago, and need some recommendations on what kind of Vacuum or Cleaner to get. The technician that did one of my initial cleaning sessions was talking about how cool robotic cleaners are, and recommended a Dolphin or Polaris robot.

So, last night I went down the rabbit hole researching these robotic fellas. After several hours, I thought I made up my mind on the Polaris Alpha IQ+, so this morning I called my local retailer to talk about it. They pretty much discouraged it after they looked up the shape of my pool. With sooooo many steps, a bench around the perimeter, and the tanning ledge, they felt that the robot wouldn't be able to really clean any of that.

If a robot is going to struggle real bad with this pool -- what else would people recommend? What is going to be the best tech, tools, or system out there to make vacuuming and cleaning as painless as possible?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts and insight!!

Attachments

• pearl_01.jpg
    pearl_01.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 18
  • pearl_00.jpg
    pearl_00.jpg
    269 KB · Views: 19
Call Margaret at Marina Pool & Spa in Colorado. She can recommend what cleaner may work best for your pool type and shape. They are pretty busy, you may need to call or email a few times to get a response. They do phone orders and will provide free shipping. Fullwarranty cogerage tto.

Marina Pool Spa & Patio​

7777 W. Jewell Avenue
Lakewood, CO 80232
Phone: 303-985-0077
[email protected]

Chances are you are still going to have to brush the steps and shallow ledge - maybe the tanning ledge. Everyone with those features pretty much has to do that. Should only take about 5 minutes.

Fill out your signature with your pool, pool equipment (including manufacturer and model numbers) and test kit info. This assists us in helping you without the need to ask about your pool.

Last edited:
Call Margaret at Marina Pool & Spa in Colorado. She can recommend what cleaner may work best for your pool type and shape. They are pretty busy, you may need to call or email a few times to get a response. They do phone orders and will provide free shipping. Full warranty coverage too.

Fill out your signature with your pool, pool equipment (including manufacturer and model numbers) and test kit info. This assists us in helping you without the need to ask about your pool.

Thanks -- I reached out to here, however, she wasn't as familiar with the Alpha IQ+, so wasn't able to confirm my suspicions if it would work or not. Her sentiment was, that if I were to get a robot, to get the most advanced one there is, because the I might need all the tech I can get to navigate all those ledges and benches and stairs.

I might just start off with a manual triangle-shaped vacuum head and do it by hand for now....... not sure there are any better options

I have this cleaner and absolutely love it. It doesn't require dragging out a hose, etc. The only thing you need to be careful about is setting a timer to only charge it for four hours.

I have this cleaner and absolutely love it. It doesn't require dragging out a hose, etc. The only thing you need to be careful about is setting a timer to only charge it for four hours.

Ahh, yes Margaret at Marina Pool & Spa also mentioned that I should check out the Water Tech products. You sound pretty happy with yours, maybe I will look into getting one of those.

Not needing to drag out a hose to connect to my skimmer sounds like a boost to ease and quality of life :D

UPDATE:
Going to head to my local store and buy the Water Tech Volt FX-8Li

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.