What is your daily VS pump timer/schedule?

Jun 19, 2014
NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I re-plumbed and got a new variable speed pump this spring (Hayward W3SP2303VSP MaxFlo VS). I have come to learn that there is a delicate balance in speed (RPM) and how often (HRS/day). Too slow and my SWCG won't be active, too fast and the filter won't clean efficiently and I run into high water velocity issues. This post is a great reference and I've come back to it many times, but I am just curious how many hours per day and approximately what RPM you are running most often?

Thank you.

I'm still adjusting my run times. Seems like I have to run my pump at 1100 rpm for the SWG to not throw an error for low flow.

During the week I keep a solar cover on and run the pump at 1100 rpm for 8 hours a day. When I pull the cover off for the weekends, I run the pump at 1800 rpm because it skims way better there. I bump the runtime to 12 hours on the weekends just because I prefer nothing floating in the pool.

Reactions: notmycupoftea
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.