What is this thing?

chasedub

Mar 29, 2021
Austin, TX
IMG_8525.jpegIMG_8526.jpeg
I'm a new pool owner and the previous owner left a lot of equipment behind. I'm trying to piece together a manual vac setup and was looking for a vacuum plate when I found this. I don't think it's a vacuum plate, but I can't figure out what it is. It's flat on one side and has a stem on the other side, with a very small hole (maybe 3/8") running through the middle. The close-up photo shows a small logo that I do not recognize and I see no numbers or markings of any kind. It fits in my skimmer basket cavities, although at the bottom of the skimmer basket there are two holes (another mystery; one is the suction to the pump, but what does the other hole do?), neither of which are aligned with the central stem on this thing.

(I already found the right vacuum plate for my skimmer online and ordered it, but I'm still curious about this piece.)

Looks like a wheel from a pool cleaner.

Reactions: Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.