Jakers28

May 27, 2021
Surprise
I have a brown spot on pool sidewall that isn't going away. I have ph at 7.2, chlorine at 30 ppm 6 bags of shock, and cya is 50 ppm. Brushing 3 times a day, however spot grows yellow shell after 24 hours. I attach a picture of after I brush, and 24 hours of growth.

Attachments

• 20210525_101348.jpg
    20210525_101348.jpg
    351.1 KB · Views: 14
  • 20210526_101324.jpg
    20210526_101324.jpg
    341.9 KB · Views: 14
Welcome to the forum!
Put some Vitamin C tablets in a thin sock and crush them up a bit. Set the sock against the spot for few minutes.
If it clears away the stain, then it is iron. Most likely from a wire tie or rebar too close to the surface of the gunite.
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.

Welcome to the forum!
Put some Vitamin C tablets in a thin sock and crush them up a bit. Set the sock against the spot for few minutes.
If it clears away the stain, then it is iron. Most likely from a wire tie or rebar too close to the surface of the gunite.
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.
I used about 6 500 MG vitamin c tabs and scrubbed the mark until each tab disintegrated for about 8 minutes. Stain is still there and did not change. I'll try again tonight.

Great suggestion. The magnet was attracted to the spot. Going to make calls to get it repaired.
It is iron.
A repair will not be pretty. So consider what you have versus what it will be if chipped out and pool putty put over it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.