What is this light?

jnojr

Silver Supporter
Dec 18, 2018
Chandler, AZ
o55nHC3Wk7TNsMwxK87cfImo-diqx7ViYzm8p9K6orO19afWErzjLH2nwdQycA7mZRON1mqfwg3FO7y8KeXx5PEOBiNqZWQAyqY5b_NJhCAw7Cz5SpoOtrsxE2HnEkt9NSvVzitXZO-3KZ_7tSRcpwJaeDR-gXhB1lrXf-zkDVfw0wZs66yUC_37qQIUJdmY8W3UTHOc4y1wEBy8kZp46qHpBDU5j7XMJ-x_Rg804nNs5T_cOpVopkfk9qD4Y8BDX_TV9FLam0ADh1JyGCg8uyDVUv5V9Z6wKJNl02uy7GR_r7w778K7YXDKFK7IPKf0CfEjMnmCJTJalRxvDjvMUFG4at3xrrq0uLBxliTZwMUZhKK1d4UMsYBfZyTFwP1zkRa6dKfcGSsfdiZ_ZnUhwHMQeeywnm2wCQwFnTm-anLFGrbLu6DdtxbW6t9HTjmwfvP6wKhTabug0IXj496ofCYz2FLgcnRvvq4Id1_FLz1s78vAmaSc39t4_MGsh7W6z6nR7pOCwU04mlIlz-TrIpgqzAz3Ftq31Ed4AGGI--O4aUcGJ9JG19bodTSlBU4FlJyrgQ8nkGBkBEitESJOdXwhyf2_HCAQZwNK9XTBitZTqBWR8liX3UAV1wSaDBGsmtmnyC9BFpsxs_1NYbMu-93MImHnY0QP2K2FVp8RKMaNZgrg_P9mTYw=w696-h928-no

I'm trying to buy snap-on filters for it. I was told "Oh, these are nearly universal, anything will work!" So I bought a set of Pentair filters on Amazon (most of the stuff in my pool is Pentair, so I figured the light would be too)... and they're TINY! No way they'd fit on this light. Is my light weird and special and unique???

Very standard light.

Unscrew the single bolt and the light housing will tilt out. There should be sufficient cord inside the light niche to bring the light up on to the pool deck to work on it.

I don't know what "filter" you are asking about. The glass lens maybe?

Most of the current lights are LED and smaller.

It looks to me to be a Pentair AmeriLight and the lens was available in clear or blue if I remember. If you open the housing, you should replace the gasket with a new one when you do it. Also, as this is an incandescence bulb, it gets hot, so it should never be turned on unless submerged in water to keep it cool.

These came in a couple of different sizes, so measure the diameter and match to the one you are buying.

You have an Amerlite. There is also an Aqualight, which is smaller.

There are snap on colored lenses for the larger style light and the smaller style light.

You might have gotten the lenses for the smaller style.

Note that the plastic colored lens snaps on in front of the glass lens. There's no reason to remove the light from the wall.

With Amerlite lights, you can create different moods with optional snap-on lens covers in blue, red, green and amber. And, the optional plastic snap-on face rings let you coordinate with your pool's finish.

You might have a blue glass lens, which you can change to clear if you want. You would need to remove the light and replace the glass lens and gasket.

79100100 Lens, clear, 8-3/8 in. diameter, tempered glass.

79100200 Lens, med. blue, 8-3/8 in. dia., heat resistant.

79101600 Gasket, 8-3/8 in. lens

78900700 Kwik-change lens cover, green
78900800 Kwik-change lens cover, blue
78900900 Kwik-change lens cover, red

So, I ASSumed that the light in the spa, which was underwater, was the same as the light in the pool, which I could easily get to. It isn't. 78900800 is about an inch and a half too big. Is there a different filter I can look at?

I think that the filter snaps in and you need to bend it a little bit to get it to snap in place.

There are only two sizes of Pentair lights. If they look the same, they are.

The filter I ordered is WAY too big. Minimum an inch, probably more. There is no way it could ever snap on.

The other set I got was way too small. Like half the size.

The spa light might not be a Pentair, but it has the same look... the silver circle with the same looking design.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
If it has the same design as the Pentair, that's what it is.

There is a large size and a smaller size.

You can pull out the light to see what the label says.

Do you have a picture of either light?

There's a picture of the pool light at the top of this thread. The spa light is about 1.5" smaller. The "smaller size" (Pentair P/N 650019) is far too small.

I'll see if we can get the spa light out to measure / take a picture.

That's the smaller size Spabrite or Aqualight with a 4 inch lens.

79108900 Kwik-change color lens, red
79109000 Kwik-change color lens, blue
650015 Kwik-change color lens, magenta
650016 Kwik-change color lens, purple
650017 Kwik-change color lens, teal
650018 Kwik-change color lens, green
650019 Kwik-change color lens pack (5 colors)

Ok, I'm totally stumped.

Unless you can find a label on the light, I don't think that we're going to be able to figure it out.

Maybe check with Inyo, they're pretty good at identifying stuff.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.