What is this flowing on pool surface?

NewPoolGuy00

Sep 20, 2018
Atlanta, GA
Does anybody have any idea what this could be floating on the pool surface? I originally thought it could just be accumulated pollen or something else from the environment but it has stuck around for a few weeks. In clumps together in some areas and doesn't seem to be going away.

Picture 1
Picture 2

YippeeSkippy

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jan 17, 2012
Evans, Georgia
Looks like tree schmutz..... pollen and such blown in from trees around you? If I'm seeing it correctly?

Collect some in a dish and put a drop of muriatic acid on it....if it fizzes its calcium.
Maddie :flower:

Dave31410

Bronze Supporter
Feb 27, 2018
Savannah, GA
My guess is that you have some kind of tree or large shrub nearby that has very small flowers. The flowers break apart as they shed and any slight breeze will carry them into the pool. My neighbors have a large wild cherry tree that does this. If it doesn't go away soon than maybe Texas Splash is correct.

NewPoolGuy00

Sep 20, 2018
Atlanta, GA
Looks like calcium flakes. Did you just recently open pool? Can you post a full st of test results?
Pool construction finished last March and we used year around so it isn't just opening up.

Free Chlorine - 7.6
Total Chlorine - 7.6
PH - 7.8
Total Alkalinity - 120
Cyanuric Acid - 80
Hardness - 140
Salinity- 3200

NewPoolGuy00

Sep 20, 2018
Atlanta, GA
Looks like tree schmutz..... pollen and such blown in from trees around you? If I'm seeing it correctly?

Collect some in a dish and put a drop of muriatic acid on it....if it fizzes its calcium.
We do have alot of trees etc way back behind the pool so maybe that's it. Maybe we lucked up and didn't have much last year. O will wait it out. Thanks.

YippeeSkippy

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jan 17, 2012
Evans, Georgia
alrighty then..... we'll go on the assumption it came from trees. Lord knows I've got stuff blowing like crazy into the pool today and I'm just 2 hours down the road from you. Keep your pump running to skim it.

Summer will get here. Eventually. :pth: