What is the red (molex-style?) connector inside the Hayward H100ID heater?

jmk396

Apr 26, 2018
PA
Does anybody know what connector this is inside a Hayward H100ID natural gas heater?

The included power cord is extremely short (~2 feet) and I need it at least another foot. I'd like to buy the correct (molex-style?) connector and make my own cable. (Hayward doesn't sell any replacements, I asked them)

red connector.jpg

Last edited:
I updated the original post by uploading the image directly to the forum. Please let me know if you can see it?

I've searched Mouser and Molex and can't quite find the correct adapter. It measures 10mm x 23.75mm and has a 3.5mm pitch.

Attachments

• red connector.jpg
    red connector.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 0
That's what I was looking for.

Here's the mating connector. TE Connectivity AMP 172167
pr296642p8d.jpg

And here's the data sheet.
172167 Data Sheet

Wow - thanks so much for finding it! However, that's the actual connector that I need to find (not the other end).

The Hayward heater electrical plug ends inside the heater with the connector I pictured. I need to replace the electrical cord with the same connector so it will connect with the other end inside the heater.

I think I need either TE Connectivity / AMP 172330-1 or TE Connectivity / AMP 172159-1? (and the correct pins/crimps of course)

EDIT: Here are pictures of the OTHER end that is inside the Hayward. This is the opposite end (that I don't need). It looks the same as the one you linked.

Attachments

• other-end2.jpg
    other-end2.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 3
  • other-end1.jpg
    other-end1.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.