Laughlin, NV
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
At least they don't have some 16 footers. Those would have been fun to watch -------

• Haha
Reactions: mariane

woodyp

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 17, 2010
East Texas
A 12 ft. deck board in my 5.5 truck bed yesterday wasn't particularly fun. But they make rope and bungee cords!

Reactions: Casey

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

crokett

Jul 17, 2007
Hillsborough, NC
Uhm, Home Depot has trucks for rent. I don't have a picture of it, but the best (or worst) example of the above I have is the woman stacking sod into the front seat of her Honda Civic. I was walking by and said to the Lowes guy "She should put that in the trunk". he says straight faced "the trunk and back seat are already full".

johnm160

Jan 19, 2020
Orlando
Now I am not an engineer... but I think the wings on that plane need to be longer I’d they expect to get off the ground.

Casey

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 16, 2007
SW PA
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
A 12 ft. deck board in my 5.5 truck bed yesterday wasn't particularly fun. But they make rope and bungee cords!
That's what you get for buying a truck with a baby bed! I hope your butt cheeks hurt today from all the clenching. :mrgreen: :crazy:

• Haha
Reactions: proavia and Newdude

Brett S

Mar 15, 2019
Orlando
This was my car when I had to return a bit of lumber after I finished my deck project. The longest boards there are actually 16 feet, I can fit 10 foot boards in the car with the trunk closed.

I had lowes deliver all of the lumber for the project and I considered renting a truck for the returns at the end, but there really wasn’t that much to return and I figured I’d just put it in the car.

1DC73E87-4F48-4B7A-A2DF-D286E8E33CDD.jpeg

BowserB

Silver Supporter
Jul 29, 2018
Katy, Texas
Most places deliver these days. Just budget $100 a year for deliveries and you don't have to destroy your sedan or live with a pickup truck 365 days a year. Oh, and "lane splitting" is not legal in Texas (re the theoretical motorcycle rider between the lanes.) OTOH, I've carried a lot of stuff in my 2000 Subaru Outback, including an 8 ft wide roll of seamless photo background paper, but never with the hatch open.

phonedave

May 30, 2012
Montville NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Turbo Cell (T-CELL-5)
Years ago, when I had much less money, and apparently less brains as well, I had bought my first house and did almost of of the renovations myself.

I had a 4 speed Toyota Tercel EZ hatchback at the time. I needed a 4' x 8' sheet of plywood and some 4' x 8' sheetrock. Back then having something small like that delivered was not an option, and I was not renting a truck just to get that home (remember, dumb and poor).

I bought two 8' 2x4 studs and put them in the back, with about 4'6" in the car, and 3'6" sticking out, and then loaded the sheet goods in on top. I was fine for about 6 miles, and then I got to the section of the highway that is a pretty decent uphill area. As I am driving along, with every pothole and bump I hit, the steering got squirrelyer and squirrelyer - the load was slowing sliding out of the back of the car, and the shift in weight was taking the weight off of the front wheels.

I checked my rearview mirror and nobody was behind me, so I hit the brakes hard. The entire load shifted back into the car with a satisfying "thunk" into the back of the drivers seat, and then I made it the other mile or so home. Never tried to do that again.

Now if it does not fit in the Explorer, then my utility trailer makes the trip - much less nerve wracking.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.