What FC to maintain?

JackHarkness

Oct 29, 2010
Temecula, CA
Hi All

I have a 14,600 gallon pool. I was wondering what is the advised FC level? I tend to chlorinate a little pencil sized stream by the return every day - and I usually use more than half a jug of 128 Oz 10% NaOCl to reach a FC of '4'. Sometimes my FC goes quickly to 0 due to the sun and other things despite my CYA being about 45-50 CYA (even after passing an OFCLT). I was wondering is it normal to add this much to boost up FC levels like this every day or is it advised to add less than this? Aka go to 2 FC every day (38 Oz for my pool size) which would mean roughly 1/3 a 128 Oz bottle every single day?

Thank you

The FC level is based upon your FC/CYA Chart. Your signature displays you have a K-2006C. You also list your CYA as 50 (round up). Per the FC/CYA Chart you need to have FC between 6 - 8 ppm. The minimum is 4 ppm. If your FC goes to 0 after dosing for 4 ppm because of the sun and other things (algae?). There coulld be something brewing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.