What do I need for pool automation with Jandy equipment?

May 18, 2017
Bradford ontario
I'm almost finished building my pool and I'm now trying decide how to control everything. I like the thought of installing an automation system but I need some help making sure I get everything I will need. First a list of what I have.
Jandy 1 h.p. Flo Pro single speed pump
Jandy JXI260N heater
Jandy TruClear11K Salt system
2 Jandy Nicheless multi color LED lights # JLU4C20W100
3 Deck jets

What do I need to control all of this from my Iphone? Will this work?
iAquaLink Pool Plus 4 Automation Com - Pool Supplies Canada

What else would be required? 1 Temperature sensor and 1 24 volt jandy actuator to turn on the deck jets?

Hi Brian,

Yes this Jandy IQ904P iAqualink Bundle would be a good option for the equipment you are wanting to control. The temperature sensors are included with the bundle so those are not needed seperately. If your deck jets are on the same pump as your pool filter pump then you will need a Jandy Valve Actuator to Rotate your valve to control your deck jets. This system can control up to 4 pieces of equipment which would be your pumps and your lights as the salt chlorinator and heater are tied into your pump and do not take up a spot. Also note that the power center included does not have a base for breakers so you will need to use a near by breaker panel.

Hi Brian. I have a very similar setup to what your building. I built my pool and spa last year with very similar Jandy components. Same filter, same chlorinator, same lights, same automation (well, except the spa control). A couple thoughts...

1. Jandy Nicheless lights: I have two of the exact same lights you are getting and have been through three of them in the past 10 months. Jandy has been great about sending folks out to replace them, but there is a design flaw that causes the blue color to go out. I LOVE how they look (when they are working properly), both at night with their brightness/color and the streamlined appearance in the daytime of not having the big traditional style light. But the multiple failures so far are concerning. Since you are bundling the Jandy components together, and assuming they are professionally installed, you'll have a three year warranty on them. Just be aware they are having some issues with longevity right now. (I have two of the traditional style large Jandy LEDs as well, which have not failed.) I'm on the fence whether I would go with the nicheless lights again. My hope is they are not just a fad and that Jandy or another company will come up with a nicheless light that's built to last.

2. Salt Chlorinator: I really like how compact and serviceable this unit is. And it does a great job of maintaining the right chlorine levels in the pool. Only drawback compared to other units is it does not have a meter/guage to measure the salt level in your pool. But I've heard these fail often anyways on the units that do have them. Simple enough to get test strips that can read your salt level if you feel the need to stay on top of it or don't have either a nearby pool store or a company maintaining your pool. Would definitely buy it again.

3. Filter: My pool/spa combo is also around 15k gallons. The filter is physically very large, with four cartridges, and some people have suggested it may be overkill for a pool our size. I'm happy with the filter, especially how clear it keeps the water, and with four cartridges it means I need to clean it less frequently. For those reasons alone, I'd do it again.

4. Automation: The iAqualink has worked great for me and I like that I didn't need to buy a permanent control panel inside the house. I just control it all from my phone. The only times I have had problems with the system have been my own fault. Jandy's technical support for iAqualink by phone has also been very good. Once again, would buy it again.

Good luck with your build and enjoy the pool!

-Chad

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.