What did you do to your pool today?

Introduced Ms. Mingo to the pool, and couldn’t believe 93 degree water felt refreshing. It has been hot as blue blazes this weekend, and we had no rain.

82822EF7-5853-49DB-B95E-430250C0CFFA.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: kimkats
Swept, vacuumed, changed skimmer sock. Prepped rust spots and sprayed with Rustoleum Rust Converter. Has to cure 24 hrs, then I'll prime and paint. Metallic bronze, which is all Wally World had... So my rails are painted with mismatched colors -- it's a camo liner, so the frame is camo-ish too!

Waved hello at it while working.

Brushed, vacuumed, scrubbed areas of mustard algae (oh noes!!!) then started a SLAM. Painted Rust Reformer spots with brown Stops Rust primer. Hopefully SLAM will go quickly and I can be done with it soon!

Oh no... how did that happen?

I think it was the steps into the pool. The algae is on the low circulation side of the steps, and under the feet of the steps. I'm going to have to move the steps so I can scrub under them, and scrub them as well. Gotta break out the mask and snorkel!

I love my pool so much, even a SLAM is fun!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I vacuumed and admired the sheer crystal clear beautifulness of my pool. I generally have to vac every day because we have a big oak tree in the front yard that spreads out into the side yard where the pool is. It drops leaves, baby acorns, and chunks of lichen-encrusted bark in the pool, all of which my Pool Blaster picks up with no trouble. Also changed the skimmer sock.

Last edited:
I removed my salt cell because I spotted some scale, currently soaking it in vinegar. This marks the third time I have ever had to do this, not bad for an area with hard water.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support