I'm waiting for my pool cover to come in so my pool is still open. Supply chain issue... but supposedly it just arrived and is getting installed this coming week I also just got the control panel for the SWG, that was on backorder since the spring!!! I can't wait to use it next season. The pool has been pretty low effort though up until this past week when we had a nor'easter! I have never seen so much debris! Cleaning the pool today, I emptied my Polaris bag 7 times and the skimmer basket 4. The skimmer basket gave me the willies because I had to reach in it through the muck! I didn't know what kind of critter I might touch.
Water temp has plummeted so Brought pool up to slam level yesterday- plan to remove leaf cover , put solid cover on then replace leaf cover today. Then drain & plug.
Tried out new harbor freight automatic cover pump- works like a champ
Opened all the umbrellas so they can dry out before putting them up. Sad to see my blue beauty covered up See u in April
A day late… but yesterday I removed my leaf net, dumped it, & put it back on. It was super easy. Wayyyyy better than trying to scoop wet leaves
After i had it off I could see a few “pockets” of water on the solid cover still so I proceeded to move my new handy dandy harbor freight cover pump & it just hummed!!! No matter which way i moved it.
That thing has been a champ until now. Frustrated I submitted a claim to harbor freight (there’s this whole process for pumps & sprayers - u can’t just return them to the store ). After which I took to the forum search bar & YouTube which led me to realize I probably actually have a wayne cover pump (they seem identical in build) so i followed the manufacturers procedure for cleaning out the weep holes & rinsed every thing off. I threw it in the hot tub & it worked!
There’s no water on the cover now so only time will tell if it was a fluke. I have a feeling the evil tiny seed things clogged it up. They look like piles of sand all over the place - especially my rug .
Glad i was hopefully able to fix it as i haven’t gotten any response from harbor freight. It was fun to play with the pool for a bit
Replaced a microswitch in one of my valve actuators.
When I opened it up it was full of water, dont know how the microswitch survived as long as it did. Motor and gears were fine, however. Took the air compressor and blew out all the water. Lubed the case, and the o-ring.
Also just for note the Hayward GVA-24 actuator takes an Omron SS-5GL13T microswitch. The only difference between that and the SS-5T is the lever. I managed to transfer the lever but not without breaking it a little. It will hold for a while, but went ahead and ordered 4 more of the 13T so I have them hanging around.
Mods, you may want to update the valve actuator wiki to help out the next person.
I added acid. I added acid last night too. I couldn't figure out why my pH was so high. Then I realized I bought the weak stuff . I'm really bad at retesting after I add acid so for the past few weeks I've been adding it but not really doing anything to help my pool . Lesson learned.