What chemicals do I really need

What is the status of your water? Test results?

We generally do not recommend buying anything until you know if you need it ... and you know if you need it by testing the water with one of the recommended test kits ;)

No test results yet, I just received the TF-100 yesterday and I'm not opening the pool for another few weeks. Just curious of the chemical I should keep in stocked at all times.
The only thing you can be certain of is bleach, but that has a shelf life, so there's no point in buying up a truckload because it will deteriorate over time and leave you with some expensive salt water.

Rarely have I used anything listed above in your list except bleach (when I want instant rise in FC, the SWG works slowly) and muriatic acid for pH and even that is pretty rarely needed in my pool.

I added calcium once in 5 years but you have a vinyl pool and don't need to worry about it.

The only things I would suggest keeping on hand is bleach and Muriatic Acid (only one jug, never stored near metals or bleach). Then depending on your own test results you can buy anything else as needed and not deal with having to store it.

Maddie :flower:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.