Bronze Supporter
Dec 31, 2018
Walnut Creek
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello! I moved to a house in northern California 5 months ago with a pool that I think is at least 16 years old. I've been learning a lot thanks to TFP and the water looks great, I test it all the time and take it to the pool store weekly. But the pool has had these stains near the main drain since the day I took over. I'd love to get your thoughts on what you think this is and if it's a concern.

Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_7751.jpg
    IMG_7751.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 37
  • IMG_4577.jpg
    IMG_4577.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 36
Review this in Pool School.

You need to see if the stain is organic or metals. It appears like copper staining, but the tests described in Pool School can provide more information.

I see you use a pool store to test your water chemistry. The basis for TFPC is owner testing.

Order a TF100 test kit
The only other real option for a test kit is a Taylor K-2006-C. Be careful comparing prices because the K-2006 comes in sizes, designated by a letter. The basic K-2006 has .75oz bottles. You need to get the K-2006-C to get the larger bottles that you want.
I also have the SpeedStir. It makes testing much easier.

I would agree with Marty above - the TF-100 is your best bet. Great value for the amount of reagents received and fast shipping. The speedstir is also extremely popular amongst pool owners for its efficiency and ease to mix. Toss the "guess strips" as fast as you can. :geek:

Most pool stores don't carry the test kits that contain the very important FAS-DPD FC/CC testing powder. You have to seek those out online usually.
We know you can find the TF-100 (my preferred and a best buy) at www.tftestkits.net or www.PoolSupplyWorld.com but you can also find the K-2006C kit online but only the "C" version can be compared to the TF-100 because of the bottle size of the reagents. The TF-100 costs around $70, the K-2006C is something like $90 or more.

Maddie :flower:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.