What are the correct motor bearings size? Pentair 011028

IMV8N

Gold Supporter
Jun 5, 2020
Las Vegas
I'm having trouble understanding which are the correct bearings for the motor on my Pentair Intellflo VSP model 011028 pump. Where can I the correct size bearings and is there a suggested retailer or manufacturer?

I was going to replace a bad bearing on my pump. As I was removing the back cover to the pump an inner metal piece broke off. I searched the number stamped on the inside of the cover but didn't come up with anything. Hoping I don't have to buy a whole new pump. Pump is a Pentair VSP 3HP

Attachments

• 20211101_130138.jpg
    20211101_130138.jpg
    218.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 20211101_130534.jpg
    20211101_130534.jpg
    377.7 KB · Views: 7
The motor is made by Lafert S.p.A. in Venice, Italy.

1635869281833.png

Maybe try to find a motor supply that carries the Lafert motors and parts.

Via J.F. Kennedy 43

30027 San Donà di Piave. Venice - Italy

Distributors in Nevada​

Please contact our Customer Service at 1-800-661-6413.
We would be more than happy to help you.

Last edited:
Note that the motor is a part for the pump, but the parts of the motor are not considered to be pump parts.

So, the parts for the motor have to be looked up under the motor parts and they won't be on a pump parts diagram.

Reactions: IMV8N
Hey all. So I got the motor apart and purchased new bearings. Starting on the rebuild process. I'm wondering what is the best correct process to install the bearings. Do I hammer the bearings on the shaft first and then try to get the bell housing on or do I hammer the bearings into the bell housing and try to get the shaft through them? Also can I use motor oil or something similar to grease up the outer or inner ring of the bearings depending on which method of bearing installation I go with?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.