Went to Order 16x32 Rectangular Pool and this happened...

gdog2004

Jul 19, 2011
Lehigh Valley, PA
Hey guys:
I had my heart set on a 16x32 pool with a 8 ft deep end until I realized that a large portion of the pool will be only 40" deep and the rest will be slope and then 8 ft deep.
I have a family of 4 and wanted more playable area with a little more depth. My builder is using 42"panels and said he cant go any deeper than 40" in shallow end. (I'm in NJ/PA area) I said I would consider doing a sport pool then of 3'3'">>6ft<<5ft. He said this would be a 1000.00 more. The price on the pool is pretty good overall but I am wondering why it would cost 1000.00 more to dig LESS. Thoughts ?

martinezj1120

Nov 28, 2018
Michigan
We are in the process of getting our pool built, same size, and we too had the dilemma of sports pool or a deep end. We eventually chose having a deep end. There was no additional cost from one to another.

kimkats

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
He is trying to milk some extra money from you. Is he the only game in town for builds? I worry he might try to nickel and dime you later one.

Lets take a step back and look at another idea. Do you have the room for a L shaped pool? To me that is the best of both worlds! The "foot" part of the L can be all shallow while the "leg" part will transition to the deep end for diving and such fun stuff as that.

Kim:kim: