Seminole Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair iChlor 30
This was our first getaway since we had the pool built. I checked all the water levels before we left and all was perfect. We were gone for 9 days and from what I was told it rained every day we were gone. The pool was full over the skimmer for at least 7 days. It wasnt a green swamp but when I went to brush the sides and bottom it got a little greener and cloudy. I watched the slam video and proceeded to adjust my ph to 7.2 I added enough chlorine to reach nearly 30ppm. Ran the pump for 24 hrs and things are looking better already. Do you recommend cleaning the filter when things clear up and also at what point do we think its fully under control?
Thanks

Reactions: Skiddy
Unless you ran 24/7 in the absence you had cold, 0 FC water stratified on top of the treated pool water. A lot. Until the pump kicked on for its next cycle. It may have only taken once when the bad water mixed in 12 hours (?) later. Maybe the pool fought a noble fight for the first 7 days ? Maybe it was a little bit worse with each storm ? We may never know.

But you know what TO do, so you are golden !!

Reactions: Skiddy
Any bumps in the road to recovery, any thoughts, questions, observations, need some extra eyes, Anything at all. Post em up and we got you. (y)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.