Welp, everything's here

All the pavers are in, and Mike and Patrick checked the level with the bunyip. Most of them were dead level, a couple were out by less than 1/2 inch, and only two were way out. I'll reset those tomorrow.

Didn't get around to actually laying out anything, but Patrick soaked the site with RoundUp and 2,4-D. Mike will spread DE tomorrow to get the bugs -- after reading the member who has 50+ pinholes from bugs down at the base of his pool, I'm going to spread the DE further than just the 14' of the pool!

Maybe tomorrow we can get the pool up. MAYBE!!!!

Reactions: JLizard
Pavers reset, site brushed to remove small rocks etc., DE mixed with borax and spread over site (we already have ants moving imn), all preliminary work done.

Tomorrow the guys will put down the Gorilla pad and ground cover, and spread out liner to warm up. I'm going to build the ladder in the living room, then hand it down to the guys to tote to the side yard where the pool is. I'll also hang my first windchime.

Also, I've bought the Confer LAK kit, which is supposed to stabilize the A-frame ladders being used in steel frame pools. Hopefully it will get here soon.

Tomorrow afternoon is Official Setup Time! Then it's time to start filling, which should take a little over 11 hours, then testing, then balancing on Sunday. Then maybe SWIMMING in Sunday evening or night!

And I couldn't have done it without all the fine folks here at TFP!!!

Looks like Wal-Mart will be the winner. I can order it and pick it up the same day, no hassles by the cashier about what I'm doing with 10 gallons or more of bleach.

I figured that, worst case scenario, I'd use 21 gallons of bleach per season, so I got 20 gallons today along with a bag of baking soda. The kid who loaded it asked if we had a pool. Sure do, I said. "TFP?" he asked. " You bet! " I said. He smiled and gave me a thumbs up. Funniest thing that happened all day! This was at the Wally World in Bremen.

Reactions: JLizard
Got it set up today!! Too late to start filling; besides, we still need to level the post front to back and side to side. Mike's about tired of it! Not to mention I have to finish building the ladder. But here are some pictures.

The site leveled, brushed, and DE + borax added to kill the ants that have already set up housekeeping.

The Gorilla pad and liner laid and cut to size, then the pool positioned and opened up to catch some rays. We quit here about 12:30 pm, ate lunch, and everyone napped until about 5:00 pm.

And finally the pool with the top ring set up and the liner positioned so the outlet and inlets are where the pump is going to be. Mike says it wasn't too hard too handle -- I guess 4 hours in the sun softened it up nicely.

We have the legs inserted and it's standing up, but the dusk caught us and couldn't take a picture. You'll see it tomorrow, along with he pool half full, and completely full with ladder in place.W

Never thought we'd get to this point!! Soooo glad we have!!

Attachments

• 20190601_183137-800x600.jpg
    20190601_183137-800x600.jpg
    192.8 KB · Views: 2
Got the legs leveled front to back and side to side, got the Confer 7200 ladder built and in the pool, and started filling it! Got the pump unpacked and set up, now I have to figure how to insert my plunge valves into the runs.I

It's about halfway full, but we turned off the water so we didn't have to go bumbling around in the dark at midnight turning off the water. Will take a sample and do my first testing on it. I know the FC, CC, and CYA will be 0, but want a baseline on everything else.

I have to say, that ladder is NOT the most stable ladder in the world! Gonna build the crappy little ladder that came with the pool and see if it's steadier. If not, Mike will build me some steps for going in and out, and I'll sell the Confer ladder.

My pool is almost a reality!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I'll get a pic of the ladder later today, but I don't think it's gonna work out.

In the meantime, have a pic of the pool all set up and ready for water!

This was before Patrick went around and leveled the legs, front to back and side to side. That post to the right is an old satellite dish post, which I'm going to use for my swim tether ankle harness.

Pic of the ladder coming soon!

We're going to put river rock around the base. There's no sand under it, because I didn't want Mike to have heart failure at yet another expense. Just good ol' Georgia red clay that doesn't go anywhere. There's also grass and two strawberry beds slightly uphill, so it will catch any water we get.

I know that's not the TFP approved manner of setting up a pool (no sand), but sometimes life intervenes.

No sand is just fine! In fact sometimes it is better as some people try to use it to level a pool and the weight of the water just pushes it out! You are good!

Thinking about the river rock (LOVE this rock!) you will want to find the bigger ones and put them by the pool bottom without touching it. Once you get them hand placed then you can pour the others out. My thought is for the bigger rocks to keep the smaller ones from migrating under the pool.

No heart attacks allowed!!!! We need him around to help hand you the adult drink while you are in the pool!

Kim:kim:

I'll get a pic of the ladder later today, but I don't think it's gonna work out.

In the meantime, have a pic of the pool all set up and ready for water!

View attachment 104539

This was before Patrick went around and leveled the legs, front to back and side to side. That post to the right is an old satellite dish post, which I'm going to use for my swim tether ankle harness.

Pic of the ladder coming soon!
Wow... I've never seen a camo pool before! I like it! Camo is my favorite color. LOL Where did you get the pool from?

Progress so far: pool almost full, added 2 1/4 qts of chlorine and 1 lb 5 oz CYA in a knee high hose. It's tied to the pole of my brush, which is the dinkiest brush you've ever seen! I'm supposed to be napping, and I've asked Mike to check the water about 3 pm and give the CYA a squeeze. Tested my other parameters, and here they are

FC 0
CC 0
pH 7.2
TA 20
CH 0
CYA 0

Like I said, I've dealt with the FC and CYA, will deal with everything else once those are balanced. I used the SLAM levels for FC because there's already leaf droppings in the pool, don't want it green. Gonna try to get that stuff out this evening, and hook up my Intex skimmer.I

Question: do I have to add calcium increaser? It's a vinyl pool, so doesn't need it, but I don't know if it needs a baseline amt.

We're working on an entry solution. Either build steps, or get one of these
and connect to self built outside steps or get two of them and bolt them together. It is a mystery. Don't think the Confer ladder will work -- it's really tall and wobbly. I'm going to see how it is with the stabilizer kit, but as it is Mike and Patrick won't let me even try it -- on top of my RA I have no sense of balance and wobble pretty badly (It's called bilateral vestibulopathy, and it sucks bigtime).

We're so close to swimtime I can taste it!! ? ?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.