Welp, everything's here

Hush your mouth! LOL

My husband says it's level, but he hasn't been reading TFP and soaking up knowledge. "Pretty much level" just isn't going to cut it. He thinks my leveling board is overkill. HAH!

Tomorrow is the day of moving the pavers to the build site, leveling the site, or at least starting to. We're going to install the pavers all nice and level, then go around and fill the spaces between with more pavers for a decorative circle of pavers around the pool. Yes, they'll all be buried flush with the level ground. And leveled in relation to each other.

We plan to lay down landscape fabric around the pool, then fill in with river rock. I think it will look great!

hehe I thought you would want to hurt me over that comment! :hug:

You have a very sound plan and it even sounds like you are hitting the "pretty" aspect of it as well! NICE!

Lorri, you will want to protect the area where the skimmer and return are. I dug out about 3" under them and filled that in with gravel. I then put a couple of steppers under them making sure to give them a slight slope away from the pool. This way WHEN the pool gets over full from rain the water splashing out of the skimmer will not wash away your sand and hard work!

Will you be hard plumbing everything? If you use valves and unions you will be set! Put the valves right under the return and skimmer so you can close then when you need to work on the equipment. Putting in unions on either said of all of the equipment will allow you to work on any of it without having to cut any pipe.

Remind your husband that there are MANY people watching as you build this pool!! You HAVE to do it right!!

Kim:kim:

Good idea on the skimmer! Would that be a concern with the Intex in-pool skimmer?

Since I'm using the little 1000 gph pump and filter that came with the pool for now, no hard plumbing. FOR NOW. When I upgrade to a better pump, then I'm going to learn pvc plumbing! Can't be hard, my father plumbed a barn back in the 70s and hubby Mike plumbed an old farmhouse with pex about 20 years ago...

Pool is becoming a reality!

Last edited:
Got the pavers, all 44 of them! I'm going to lay them out so the corners are touching, so they look like diamonds rather than boring old squares. If there are too many they'll be used in the surround project.

Did a bit of preliminary leveling and Mike is right -- it's pretty level! I think most of the variation is due to leaf duff, and just raking that out should do it. Any really high spots will be attacked with a hoe and/or a shovel. It WILL be level!

You know what? WE'RE GETTING A POOL!!! I figure we can set it up either next weekend or the following weekend, depending on how fast the leveling and setting the pavers goes.

Woot!!! :lovetfp:

Reactions: splashpad

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I figure we can set it up either next weekend or the following weekend, depending on how fast the leveling and setting the pavers goes....
Another tip from a fellow bestway owner (and it's TFP approved, lol) Follow the setup instructions of having LOTS of warm sun, you want that vinyl as soft as you can get it!

Temps are gonna be in the mid 80s this week, so I can check off warm sun!

Got about a quarter of the site leveled this morning with a hoe and garden trowel. I'm going to do a quarter circle every day, then Mike and I will lay out where the pavers will go. This is really for real, y'all!

Got the leveling done today! We checked it all the way around, and just had to minimally level one side.

Tomorrow we'll put together a section of the top and mark where the pavers will go. Then level them in relation to each other, then lay down the Gorilla pad and the ground cloth, then.... SET UP THE POOL!!!!

:kim::rockon::goodjob:

Pic coming of the level spot!!

• Wow
I've got Roundup, 2,4-D, and DE for the critters. We're all set!

I've got 2,4-D for the wild violets which took over the side yard. Then we're going to lay landscaping fabric over the non-pool areas and put in river rock as a surround, with a ladder pad made of the same red pavers the pool legs will sit on.

Plans were postponed this week -- my husband has asthma and wasn't feeling up to much of anything, and of course my ankles are pretty bad. We're going to set pavers in between t'storms this weekend, or at least get them set where they belong. It might be too wet to actually set them into the ground, though. We shall see.

But if we're foiled by the weather, next week looks nice so I'll go out and set pavers, a little at a time. I think we can get Mr Pool set up next weekend! We need our son Patrick to help, so that's why we won't set it up during the week.

Might make a trip to Wally World this weekend to check out their bleach prices. Also Ingles, a local grocery chain here in the southeast. 6% or 8%, plain ol' bleach, no additives.

Pics after pavers are in place! Right now it's not very interesting, just a circle of dirt.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.