Well water

Lemonhead

Jun 3, 2020
Middletown NY-211
So I’ve had my pool up and running crystal clear for 3 weeks now. I had it filled with tankers/ trucks. I noticed today I want to top off the pool and it needs quite a bit of water. I’m using well water. I definitely have alot of minerals in the water because it clogs the shower heads in the house . We’re new to having a pool and new to living in a house with well water.
1. Should I get the water tested at pool store when I’m done filling ? I have the tf100 kit , but that won’t be useful for metals and minerals right ?
2. If pool remains clear should I just leave well enough alone or still get water tested ?
3. Only thing I’m positive about is , that it’s not sulfur water

Mdragger88

Bronze Supporter
Jun 1, 2018
Hernando, Ms
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Intex Krystal Clear
You could definitely get your fill & pool water checked for metals (copper & iron) to be more informed that’s about the only test results suggested from the pool store. You can check the ch & other parameters of it yourself. Lots of folks check their fill water so they know what’s going into their pool. 😊

Thread Status
Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.