Well water pool fill

Tru990

Jun 19, 2020
Texas
about 2/3 full of 20k gallon fill with well water and is worse than i thought. Low ph, high iron and a lot of rusty looking debris. I have a self powered
Powered robot with 2 micron filter running and a homeade sump bucket/filter as well trying to remove as much rust debris as possible. New stonescapes french grey plaster. Any thoughts on adding flocculent or other chems to help with clarification.

Welcome! We do not recommend floc. Can really mess up your filter.

I would get out what you can. I’ve heard that polyfill in the skimmer can help filter out some of the iron that’s showing.

What are you planning to use to chlorinate and test the pool? Can you please put your pool info in your signature?

Off the bat you will need enough CYA added to get to 30 ppm. Then you should start the SLAM Process to make sure nothing is living and growing. You need a test kit for that. A TFT-100 or a Taylor K-2006C.

pool equipment will not be up and running for 72rs or so, trying to get ahead of the game while pool is filling. I have polyfil in a homeade bucket filter running from a sump
Pump I have connected up. I have it running in 12’x10’ hot tub and slowly it seems to be making progress. I have the filler hose pushing water inside and thru a jug filled with chlorine tabs currently. The entire chlorine pump system is Pentair.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.