Sep 18, 2016
Kunkletown,Pa
SWG Type
Intex Krystal Clear
chlorine 0
Ph 6.8-7.0 I think took 7 drops to raise to 7.5
Ta 8-11
Ch 7

I am just starting to test so are we looking for a mild color change cause I added a lot more reagent and did not seem to change all that much?

I had done the bleach test last week and it seem fine. not high iron. I figure to run water for an hour or so at a time to fill. and I think I am going to buy a load of balanced water to help out a little and get some chemicals in it. 26 round x 52 Thanks

Jetfan101, I'm not exactly sure what you're asking? or saying....? What is the "bleach test" that would reveal iron?? You can very easily balance your water without having to buy a truckload (assuming your well doesn't have metals?) but we need to know current test results.

Can you perform a full set of the tests and list them such as:
FC
CC
pH
TA
CH
CYA

Yippee :flower:

That's ok, no one was born knowing all this. :D

We have a thing called Pool Math, and it will eliminate the need for using the acid/base demand test for you. You simply add your current readings and your desired target, and it tells you what to add. I'm curious how you got the other numbers for TA and CH though.

Test recommend by pool store to test for metals . Mostly iron I hear about in my area . 1/2 bag of refresh. In 5 gal bucket. I think it says calhypo. They said to see if water turns brown or possibly purple?. To me it is just milky. Is my water OK or does anybody recommend a better test. I just want be sure. I can't spend 1,200 on water delivered. Thanks

Attachments

• 20170408_155852.jpg
    20170408_155852.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 37
That's a potential indicator but not a very good one. I would suggest you purchase an iron test (I think it's Taylor K-1716) or go to a pool store who has that test.

The milkiness in your water comes from calcium in the Cal Hypo and I think that is a VERY unreliable test for iron.

How about the supplier of the water.......can they give you an analysis?

Google "iron" and "wells" in our forums. You will see hundreds and hundreds of threads on the troubles with iron content.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Copper is the other most common one, but it's usually rare in ground water. Almost all pool water "metal issues" are caused by Iron. If you have a local water lab, it would be a good alternative for you. I hope you don't, but that part of the world commonly has Iron in the ground water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.