Weird pump noise and leak by multiport

BeckyT

Bronze Supporter
May 31, 2018
Salem, Ar
I finally got my leak fixed. The sand filter has been practically rebuilt. Last night I decided to clean out the pump basket. So i opened it up, took out the grime, and put everything back. When I turned it on it took a bit to prime and then everything was running smoothly as normal. Today when I turned the pump on, it sputtered out some bubbles and then was fine. I double checked to make sure I had completely screwed in basket lid. I had. I went back out to check on it and some water was leaking from the top of the filter by the multiport. I turned the pump off.

Any ideas as to what I have done to cause this?

Is it dangerous for me to go ahead and run my pump with the leak by the multiport ? I lose about a drop every two or three minutes.

A few bubbles out returns at start up. Pump is making a weird noise. I am calling pool place Monday to get a new one ordered. Just wondering if it’s dangerous to let my kid swim while we wait. PSI is 20. It has always ran about 20.

Yes. It is where the clamp is on the multiport. You can see a drop of water forming in one of the pictures. Second picture shows no seam on filter tank near the drip.

Attachments

• 95FAE9CE-BBEC-4E20-98B7-0B50887AAE64.jpeg
    95FAE9CE-BBEC-4E20-98B7-0B50887AAE64.jpeg
    411.4 KB · Views: 5
  • AE1B25B1-E363-43A4-8A20-67B052D66285.jpeg
    AE1B25B1-E363-43A4-8A20-67B052D66285.jpeg
    495.4 KB · Views: 6
I do not see any safety issues with that.

I suspect you will need to remove the multiport, thoroughly clean the mating surfaces, use some pool lube, and reinstall to eliminate the leak.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.