Weeping gunite

Iyare82

Jun 3, 2019
Wylie
I live in the Wylie area. For the last month, we have been waiting to plaster. We’ve drilled holes, nothing has worked. I received this email from my pool builder: “We have you in line to use the diaphragm - Just to let you know it might be a a week to 10 days unfortunately. I will keep you posted when I know more next week”

Does anyone know what a diaphragm is? What’s the process? What it does? I’ve tried researching but haven’t been able to find any information online.

Attachments

• 8E74D6B7-EA77-481E-AA5B-5DEF09C3F23B.jpeg
    8E74D6B7-EA77-481E-AA5B-5DEF09C3F23B.jpeg
    612.9 KB · Views: 58
  • 595C493E-4DC9-43CB-9C19-81446DFB3F79.jpeg
    595C493E-4DC9-43CB-9C19-81446DFB3F79.jpeg
    688.1 KB · Views: 59

The Diaphragm is a type of pump that can suck water out of the ground.. A sump pump can only suck water when the water covers the pump.. a diaphragm pump does not need to be underwater to work..

I had the same basic problem with ground water.. In my case they had to remove about 50 feet of decking and install a 6' deep' 18" wide and 50' long trench filled with gravel with a french drain at the bottom. The french drain carries the water to a 8' deep well that has a sump pump at the bottom. My pool is now about 5 years old and that pump has run (on and off) 24/7 and 365. It even runs on the hottest day in the summer.. Too bad it was not oil... :mrgreen:

Thanks,

Jim R.

No sure it is faster, but it works off of a moving diaphragm and not an impeller like a sump.. It can suck up a mixture of water and air, while you can not let a sump pump run dry..

The tried many different things on my pool and never succeded until I told them to install the french drains. Delayed my build 4 or 5 months.

Jim R.

Reactions: Iyare82
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.