Weeping gunite

Iyare82

Jun 3, 2019
Wylie
I live in the Wylie area. For the last month, we have been waiting to plaster. We’ve drilled holes, nothing has worked. I received this email from my pool builder: “We have you in line to use the diaphragm - Just to let you know it might be a a week to 10 days unfortunately. I will keep you posted when I know more next week”

Does anyone know what a diaphragm is? What’s the process? What it does? I’ve tried researching but haven’t been able to find any information online.

Attachments

Jimrahbe

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 7, 2014
Bedford, TX

The Diaphragm is a type of pump that can suck water out of the ground.. A sump pump can only suck water when the water covers the pump.. a diaphragm pump does not need to be underwater to work..

I had the same basic problem with ground water.. In my case they had to remove about 50 feet of decking and install a 6' deep' 18" wide and 50' long trench filled with gravel with a french drain at the bottom. The french drain carries the water to a 8' deep well that has a sump pump at the bottom. My pool is now about 5 years old and that pump has run (on and off) 24/7 and 365. It even runs on the hottest day in the summer.. Too bad it was not oil... :mrgreen:

Thanks,

Jim R.

Jimrahbe

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 7, 2014
Bedford, TX
No sure it is faster, but it works off of a moving diaphragm and not an impeller like a sump.. It can suck up a mixture of water and air, while you can not let a sump pump run dry..

The tried many different things on my pool and never succeded until I told them to install the french drains. Delayed my build 4 or 5 months.

Jim R.

Reactions: Iyare82