wedding cake step problem.

passionsrlz

Jun 4, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
One of the cylider lids that hold the pebbles/sand that weigh down the stairs fell off. Not sure when it happend because the pool was not used for a long time. The result is tiny pebbles all over bottom of pool. Vacuum doesn't seem to grab them. They were sticking so I took a brush the the bottom and loosened them up. Not sure how to get them up. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Lori

Bama Rambler

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 22, 2009
SouthWest Alabama
What kind of vacuum do you have and how does it connect to the pool?

A manual vacuum is your best bet if you can get the suction high enough to pick the pebbles up.

Melt In The Sun

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Oct 29, 2009
Tucson, AZ
If that won't work, I think I would brush them all to one area and just sweep them into a regular old dustpan. This is assuming your pool is in swimming condition though...

passionsrlz

Jun 4, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
I have been fighting what I call my snowglobe of a pool. Dead algae I think. But I am getting a handle on it. I can actually see bottom of pool now, which is new. I left pump off overnight and in the morning I could see bottom and decided to vacuum. When I started the stuff shot straight back into pool. Not sure how to remedy that. New filter? I have one on order. I am cleaning the current one like six times a day. how about using the hose to suck up the rocks and not attatch the vacuum head?

Bama Rambler

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 22, 2009
SouthWest Alabama
Sorry I didn't explain it better. If your vac uses a plate that goes on top of the skimmer basket take a skimmer sock or knee high and stretch over the skimmer basket. That way the small ones won't go thru the pump.

passionsrlz

Jun 4, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
I finally took goggles and hooked up the hose to the skimmer and spent two hours going under finding the pebbles and sucking them up.....I was exhausted. I need scuba gear. It worked though. I am going to do it again tomorrow.