Weather resistant plug

joshua5438

Mar 15, 2016
Easley, SC
I seen awhile back but cannot find a post showing where someone had used "liquidtight" conduit and a twist lock 240V plug. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to how this can be accomplished? I am going to install a 240V outlet for my pool pump motor and want to encase the wiring in liquidtight conduit. I am having a hard time time an adapter that allows the liquidtight to connect to the plug head. I will have the outlet in an outdoor weather resistant box but want the conduit to be fully sealed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

OP
OP
J

joshua5438

Mar 15, 2016
Easley, SC
So that male plug (your link is for a 4 pin instead of a 3 pin) accepts the liquidtight conduit? Thats the part I am unsure of. I understand the rest and thanks for the links just to verify I am on the correct path.

OP
OP
J

joshua5438

Mar 15, 2016
Easley, SC
That is the box I was looking to use. So will the liquid tight just but against the plug? I may try to figure something out at the store to at least make a decent seal. Maybe not water tight (the cover will accomplish that) but something more than liquid tight just being cut flush against the plug.

pooldv

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Aug 10, 2012
DFW, TX
I believe so. I can't figure out how to see the by the foot bulk wire but it seems like i remember them having 10-3 and 12-3 wire in a black rubber outdoor rated jacket by the foot.

OP
OP
J

joshua5438

Mar 15, 2016
Easley, SC
Thanks. I will check that out. As long as its all single strand and each shielded that may be the way to go. Codes / inspectors do not like seeing that bear copper wire in a strand of wire going to pool equipment.