Weather below freezing...what to do.

nobueno

Silver Supporter
Sep 25, 2019
Erie, CO
So in true Colorado fashion, our weather is going to dip down to 28 degrees. The day before it's supposed to be 97 and only be cold for two nights and a day then start warming back up. Definitely don't want close up for the summer as we have two months of decent weather ahead. Will it be fine if I just leave the pump running on low the whole time to make sure nothing freezes? It's an above ground pool so the pipes are exposed. 1.5" schedule 40. We have a new heat pump as well, figured if I just let it circulate through there, even if it's not running, that's the best bet but let me know. Thanks!

That will be fine. To be honest, probably not even necessary, but good insurance.

Reactions: nobueno
Thanks. I'd probably just cover it and shut it off if it weren't for the heat pump. Small pipes and meant to transfer heat. Suppose I could drain the heat pump. I'm also kind of curious to see it's effectiveness as temps drop.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.