We Have a Winner! TFP Pool of the Month (February 2023); Theme - Equipment Pads

Did you remove the fence on account of taking the picture ?
Fence is under construction. Will be a 12'x14'X 6' high white vinyl, with 4' gate; shared space for the equipment and pool stuff storage.
Fence section beside the heater will be removable. Pavers will be laid as a finished surface with river stone around the plumbing.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Folks, let's congratulate @wgipe (Post #18) for being voted as this month's TFP Pool (Equipment Pad) of the Month. While all nominees had an outstanding display, this one seemed to be a crowd favorite. We invite all who posted to tell us more about their equipment pads, and thank you all for participating. Let's do this again next month.

@wgipe , be on the lookout for your $50 discount code from tfteskits.net.

Besides the joke, I posted my empty pad because it was one of the few bright spots of the build. When planning it out originally, the PB was going to install 2 precast pads that were a little over $100 each. With the cement truck on-site, extra material would cost less than the coated styrofoam pads that didn't hold up long at the old place. It was a no brainer.

With a 1 year build delay and lots of time to roam the yard mumbling to myself, I decided to set it up so all they had to do was pour. I used scrap 2x10s and built a 4x10 form for the pad, dug in 50/50 at grade. Then I filled it with 4 inches of 3/8ths gravel, tamped it and let it sit. The GC forgot to order the extra material for my pad, so the guys used most of their leftovers helping us both out. They only had a wheelbarrows worth to haul away instead of a cubic yard. They didn't finish it nearly as nice as if I paid for it, but I got a 6 inch slab for free, so I can deal with some trowel marks.

20230202_151503.jpg

Congrat @wgipe Well deserved!!!

Uefa Love GIF by Likee US

Thanks, everyone! I had a ton of fun building it, and was blessed with a builder who didn't mind letting me build the shed and do the equipment pad myself. Without this site, I would have *never* figured out how to lay everything out. Thanks for making this the best site on the internet!

Wes

Guys, I know I’m late to the party. But this is too valuable of info to share . . .

How NOT to enclose your pool equipment.

Wasn’t that horrible when we bought the house in 2009, but 14 years later as we hit 50 yo, something’s gotta give!

3F5817BF-8AB5-42F1-9093-1ACEF3026BD9.jpeg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.