Jan 24, 2020
Southern California
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
Anyone else having issues with the handle on a new Waterway Renegade Skimmer where is doesn’t stay locked into the sides of the basket and falls out? Curious if this is a defective basket with handle or just a poor design. Curious if there is a better basket to replace it with or how to get handles to not pop off the sides.

magiteck

Gold Supporter
May 20, 2020
Neenah, Wisconsin
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Solaxx (Saltron) Reliant / Purechlor R5
I don't have any experience with your skimmer, but saw some interesting feedback reading the reviews on a replacement handle-

Many of the reviews suggest that they changed the way the handle connects to the basket (made the pegs bigger). So I wonder if you somehow ended up with an old handle on a newer basket, making the pegs too small to stay attached?

Unless someone comes by with some better insight, it's cheap enough if you wanted to try replacing the handle.

Reactions: tomas21

tomas21

Gold Supporter
Jan 24, 2020
Southern California
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
L
I don't have any experience with your skimmer, but saw some interesting feedback reading the reviews on a replacement handle-

Many of the reviews suggest that they changed the way the handle connects to the basket (made the pegs bigger). So I wonder if you somehow ended up with an old handle on a newer basket, making the pegs too small to stay attached?

Unless someone comes by with some better insight, it's cheap enough if you wanted to try replacing the handle.
going to give it a shot

Reactions: magiteck