Waterfall Actuator Not Actuating - Pentair Easy Touch

Sep 11, 2017
Little Elm
I have an Easy Touch controller and a waterfall circuit that has worked fine since the pool was new (6 years). Today the actuator stopped working. I figured a bad limit switch, as I've had to replace these in my other actuators, but that isn't the problem. Tested both switches and they work fine. If I disconnect the one that is tripped when the falls are off, the actuator turns, so I know the motor is good. Any ideas?

C,

On the back of the actuator there is a little three way switch.. on - off - on. What happens when you move the switch from one "on" to the other "on" position, and then back again to the original on? The valve should turn from one stop to the other and then back to the original position.

Thanks,

Jim R.

C,

As a test, I would move the waterfall valve connector over to another valve connection on the main board and see what happens.. As an example, If you have a working actuator on the Intake or Return port, I would move the waterfall connector over to the working port and see what happens.. If the waterfall valve then works, you will know the problem is the EasyTouch. If it still won't work, then the problem should be the actuator or the wiring.

Thanks,

Jim R.

I swapped the connections in the controller (much easier than swapping the actual actuator due to how the installer ran the wires), switching the waterfall with the spa actuator). The problem followed the actuator. Since the motor turns in one direction, I lean toward thinking it is the small circuit board that the wires terminate to. Do you know if that board is available by itself, or am I going to have to buy a complete actuator?

C,

Moving the connector is what I was trying to say... I would assume the problem is the microswitch.. They are often intermittent. I have not see the little circuit board, but don't really know if you can buy one or not..

Personally, I would not waste my time and would just buy a new actuator..

Could also be the wire itself.. I have heard of several cases where the wires were chewed open.. I would at least inspect the wire to make sure it is ok.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.