Water wont clear up

charden0813

Jun 15, 2019
Middle TN
I received a real test kit and have finally tested my cloudy water. My water was dark green after we opened it up. Tossed Liquid Chlorine it and it turned to a cloudy aqua color. A day later we ended getting a horrible storm that threw a few branches in my pool. Pool went green again so I put more chlorine in. Now we have all the limbs out and you can somewhat see the bottom. I just cant get the water clear though! Please TFP gurus, point me in the right direction!!! Here are the results:

Temp-70
FC- 10ppm
CC- 1ppm
PH- 7.5
TA- 120ppm
CH- 110ppm
CYA- 80ppm

What real test kit do you now have?

You will need to follow the SLAM Process to clear your pool.
A CYA of 80 will take quite a bit of liquid chlorine to get you to and to maintain SLAM Process FC levels. How have you been chlorinating your water? It may be better to drain/exchange pool water to lower your CYA level to around 30-40 prior to starting the SLAM Process.

What real test kit do you now have?

You will need to follow the SLAM Process to clear your pool.
A CYA of 80 will take quite a bit of liquid chlorine to get you to and to maintain SLAM Process FC levels. How have you been chlorinating your water? It may be better to drain/exchange pool water to lower your CYA level to around 30-40 prior to starting the SLAM Process.

Sorry I guess that would have helped. The Taylor 2006 test kit is what I went with. I have been using pool essentials Liquid Chlorine to chlorinate the water. Thanks.

Download the poolmath app- its free & a must have tool
Put in your #s & set your target cya & it will tell u how much water to exchange-

Ok, great!
Just wondering how your CYA got up to 80.

You may want to consider a water exchange befor doing the SLAM. I can't seem to locate the link right now, but @mknauss may be able to assist with a link to it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.