Water wont clear up

charden0813

Jun 15, 2019
Middle TN
I received a real test kit and have finally tested my cloudy water. My water was dark green after we opened it up. Tossed Liquid Chlorine it and it turned to a cloudy aqua color. A day later we ended getting a horrible storm that threw a few branches in my pool. Pool went green again so I put more chlorine in. Now we have all the limbs out and you can somewhat see the bottom. I just cant get the water clear though! Please TFP gurus, point me in the right direction!!! Here are the results:

Temp-70
FC- 10ppm
CC- 1ppm
PH- 7.5
TA- 120ppm
CH- 110ppm
CYA- 80ppm

proavia

LifeTime Supporter
TFP Guide
Feb 6, 2015
Chandler AZ
What real test kit do you now have?

You will need to follow the SLAM Process to clear your pool.
A CYA of 80 will take quite a bit of liquid chlorine to get you to and to maintain SLAM Process FC levels. How have you been chlorinating your water? It may be better to drain/exchange pool water to lower your CYA level to around 30-40 prior to starting the SLAM Process.

charden0813

Jun 15, 2019
Middle TN
What real test kit do you now have?

You will need to follow the SLAM Process to clear your pool.
A CYA of 80 will take quite a bit of liquid chlorine to get you to and to maintain SLAM Process FC levels. How have you been chlorinating your water? It may be better to drain/exchange pool water to lower your CYA level to around 30-40 prior to starting the SLAM Process.
Sorry I guess that would have helped. The Taylor 2006 test kit is what I went with. I have been using pool essentials Liquid Chlorine to chlorinate the water. Thanks.

proavia

LifeTime Supporter
TFP Guide
Feb 6, 2015
Chandler AZ
Ok, great!
Just wondering how your CYA got up to 80.

You may want to consider a water exchange befor doing the SLAM. I can't seem to locate the link right now, but @mknauss may be able to assist with a link to it.