Paxcou

Feb 10, 2020
NJ (shore)
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have been able following the recommendations here to get rid in less than a week of a beginning of algae growing in my pool. The water is now Crystal clear, I will see if the FC is going down during the night but for the last two days the water is visually clearly better.

I have run my test:

------------------------------------------
Test Results 07-13-2020 @ 08:35 PM
------------------------------------------
Free Chlorine: 14.0
Combined Chlorine: 0.0
pH: 7.8
Total Alkalinity: 80
Calcium Hardness: 70
CYA: 55
Temperature: 29°C
CSI: -0.48

I believe it is safe to swim in the pool as the FC is below the slam level for this quantity of CYA. Would you suggest me also to lower the CYA by removing and adding water ? I was at 50 and I have used last week to small bag of shock that could have increased my CYA I presume.

Thanks for your help, again and again. !

I have collected at the bottom of the pool a bit of yellowish powder during the process, I vaccine everyday this powder. I am concerned it could be mustard algae.

There is a modification to the SLAM Process that you have to use to get rid of mustard algae.
Essentially you pass an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test then you bring your FC up to 29.4 for 24 hours. Remember to soak all the pool toys and equipment in the highly chlorinated water for 24 hours as well.

I hope you have another FAS-DPD kit on the way. You really need it to do a SLAM and the mustard algae process correctly.

Reactions: Paxcou
There is a modification to the SLAM Process that you have to use to get rid of mustard algae.
Essentially you pass an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test then you bring your FC up to 29.4 for 24 hours. Remember to soak all the pool toys and equipment in the highly chlorinated water for 24 hours as well.

I hope you have another FAS-DPD kit on the way. You really need it to do a SLAM and the mustard algae process correctly.
I was able to get the kit on time and it's all good. Thank you very much for this ressource

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.