Water still slightly yellow

jandersen13

Feb 27, 2015
Grand Rapids MI
Yep - will do!

Also, if it does come back and is still iron. Is it possible that when I have drained the last 2 times, there is still iron in the pipes as they don’t fully drain? I had high iron on initial fill, have since drained twice. This last fill showed no iron but I hadn’t turned the jets on yet. Is it possible the iron was in the pipes still? If so, how would I ever fully get rid of all the iron / water on a drain?

mknauss

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Bronze Supporter
May 3, 2014
Laughlin, NV
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Be sure to soak the filters in mild acid or water with ascorbic acid in it. Rinse them well. That will remove any iron captured by the filters.

Reactions: jandersen13

Newdude

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jun 16, 2019
NY
A gallon or so was probably left in the plumbing. Already at a low concentration and then dilluted 400 more times with the fill probably wouldn't have been strong enough.

To get that last bit out you have to drain, then fill 1/3 or however high to get water in all the suction ports and turn on for a couple of seconds. Then drain that and fill for good.

jandersen13

Feb 27, 2015
Grand Rapids MI
Thanks mknauss! Will do. Since I have 2 now I can keep rotating them while soaking overnight.

Newdude - that makes me feel better that it was mostly gone. But I could do the refill and drain and refill you said next time I drain just to be sure.

Thread Status
Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.