Bronze Supporter
Sep 3, 2018
Gilbert, AZ
Pool Size
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Has anyone added a water softener outside by your equipment just for your pool! We have one but it would be very difficult to get the lines run to the pool equipment. Our CH crept up pretty quickly and I don’t like worrying about it getting out of control.

Texas Splash

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 22, 2014
Texas, San Antonio/Marion, South-Central Area
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45 Plus
What I did one year was just splice into my soft water outlet in the garage and install a T-fitting that feeds outside the rear of my garage. If I ever need soft water for the pool (or to wash my car), I connect a hose. I believe @JoyfulNoise did such an install as well.

Reactions: JoyfulNoise

JoyfulNoise

TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
May 23, 2015
Tucson, AZ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
We ran a line from my water softener outside to a shutoff valve and backflow preventer and then tee’d it. We sent one line to the auto fill and the other line to a spigot by my garage for car washing. We don’t use the car wash line as much (since water is expensive and monthly car wash tags are not) but it’s nice to have.

Reactions: Texas Splash
Thread Status
Hello , This is an inactive thread. Any new postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. You will get much more visibility by Starting A New Thread