Water level- how low is too low & for how long?

Two topics really

The issue is:

CYA is super high so I have to lower water level to half, then refill etc, not my question.

I have a pool cleaner plumbed but never used, in fact it is capped off inside the pool wall. 4 screws hold the cap/plug on, you can see the screws & plug with vinyl liner underneath the the hole is not exposed. The vinyl liner is pierced at the 4 screw holes obviously.

I want to get a Pool Skim

I will have a plumber pro undo the cap & attach the cleaner. Pretty sure that cleaner was fitted for a Polaris or something other than a PoolSkim, so hoping that PoolSkim will come with attachments that allow retrofitting or whatever- all comment welcome re this aspect too.

I’m thinking the pool plumber pro will like the water level below the Cleaner return (presently capped off).

I have to lower the water 50% anyway (CYA issue),

The pool cleaner port is above the “halfway water level” i.e. I can expose the cleaner port & still not have the water level to half. The pool cleaner port appears to be at the standard level, about 10 inches below normal water level in my pool

I know lowering the water level too much for too long is not good for the pool structure. Is “too low” 50% / half? Yes normally I’d refill the pool ASAP , but in this case I may be waiting on a plumber a few days. I suspect lowering it to just expose the pool cleaner port will be maybe 40% (60% full) so I could just do that until the pro finishes?

If you were the pro, where do you want the water level, 1 inch below the pool cleaner port, 0.5”, 1.5” ?

The pro knows how to deal with the vinyl presently over the pool cleaner port I assume ? I know I'm pretty sure I’d make a mess with the vinyl? The pro just glues it into place some how?

TYIA for all comments.

Ask the pro who is going to do the work what he wants.

Sorry you haven’t gotten any answers. I don’t think I’d want the water level to sit that low for several days. If one of the returns can be used, that is what I would do.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.