Water leaked out of the deep end last season, Vinyl liner destroyed in winter..

itsme_bernie

Silver Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
May 30, 2013
New Jersey
One thing I should mention I would not patch large places with cement+mortar use vermiculite if you are going to patch. The patches that mine had fell out they did not stick to the vermiculite A skim coat of vermiculite may work. They say you can patch vermiculite with sand+mortar mine was subjected unprotected weather and may have been installed wrong. liners bleach out normally due to sun so I would just put it down as time to change the liner. Jimmy may be the pro :)
Oh this pool was probably due for a new liner ten years ago when I moved in! I squeezed an extra decade out of it. I was bleached looking back then.
I have to read more about this vermiculite. I have done a little bit of work with cement before, so I am sort of familiar. When I Google vermiculite, I see a lumpy looking material. It would definitely add a texture to the bottom when the vinyl is in? The vermiculite is mixed with concrete instead of sand?

Thanks man

Bernie

duraleigh

Admin
Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
In The Industry
Apr 1, 2007
Sebring, Florida
Yeah, the mix is vermiculite and masonry cement and mixes up to a trowelable consistency. It is very lightweight and can be dented, even when it sets up.

The idea is to trowel it out into a smooth surface but that is not as easy as it may sound. If you are considering a DIY, at the VERY least watch a tradesman put in a job. In fact, I purchased the cement, vermiculite and many, many cool ones and watched that work from the sidelines......glad I did.

jimmythegreek

TFP Expert
Bronze Supporter
In The Industry
Aug 10, 2017
Morris Cnty NJ
Theres a supply house in fairfield that has premix that's gonna be easiest. They wo t sell to homeowners but i can call an order in for you and you pay at pickup. Get it clean amd take pics so we know what your dealing with