water is still cloudy

Smykowski

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
TheGoose said:
To the OP: I'm almost sitting in the same boat with you....I've shocked and done everything according to BBB and my water is still cloudy. When I get it figured out I'll be sure to pass it on!
Here comes a thread hijack....mods, please verbally backhand me if needed...
ski, cut that out! :hammer: Butterfly

How long have you been shocking? When I opened my pool yesterday, it was clear. Hazy, but clear. After 36 hours at shock level, I can tell I'm almost done, but not quite. Sand filters are slow, so keep at it.

danivdp

Mar 16, 2011
Sunny Central Florida
Re: My BBB Pool is expensive. Advice please!

IME, cloudy when you are shocking means that the algae is dead and just needs to be filtered out. If my pool was not getting noticeably clearer every day, after about 3 or 4 days, I use clarifier.

TheGoose

May 15, 2012
SE Texas
Re: My BBB Pool is expensive. Advice please!

Eh, don't want to hi-jack this thread. I was past the shocking point, just had cloudy water. Today for example I showed CC = 0, water still cloudy.

I think I have filter issues, not chemistry/algae.

Smykowski said:
TheGoose said:
To the OP: I'm almost sitting in the same boat with you....I've shocked and done everything according to BBB and my water is still cloudy. When I get it figured out I'll be sure to pass it on!
Here comes a thread hijack....mods, please verbally backhand me if needed...

How long have you been shocking? When I opened my pool yesterday, it was clear. Hazy, but clear. After 36 hours at shock level, I can tell I'm almost done, but not quite. Sand filters are slow, so keep at it.