water is nice and clear

filix

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 30, 2010
Been swimming for three days. I have learned to keep the solar cover off on sunny days, so the water will get warm. My ph is around 7.3 FC is 4 and CC is .5 so TC is 4.5 if I have this right. CYA is a little more than 40. I have a small air leak that Ted "waste" found. I will fix it next year. One question is with this air leak shooting bubbles out of the eyeballs, will this effect ph? thanks filix.

duraleigh

Admin
Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
In The Industry
Apr 1, 2007
Sebring, Florida
One question is with this air leak shooting bubbles out of the eyeballs, will this effect ph?
Probably not much at all but it REALLY affects the efficiency of your pump if it's coming from an air leak. I would make some plans to fix it. What is your psi?

filix

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 30, 2010
Psi is 14. The air leak is not that bad to run dry. I ran it all last year with it with no problems. The reason for waiting is the leak is underground. :( Thankyou. Filix.

waste

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Mar 29, 2007
Coastalish 'down easter'
Filix and I talked about that. IMO, the system is OK with the leak and will stay so for the season. If it suddenly get's worse we'll have to replace the bad line sooner :( (but we already have a plan for how to replumb the line :cool: )