water guru

prasadkm0204

LifeTime Supporter
Feb 23, 2015
Santa Clara,CA
I want to share my experience of using water guru over the last 11 days.
I am happy to say that the readings have been spot on with my tft kit ( and with the readings of my pool startup service guy).

I initially came across phin (given their good marketing) but after reading mixed reviews and about ORP, I ended up going with water guru ( mostly given the +ve reviews from TFP readers).
I would rather have 2 things measured correctly instead of 5 things not being accurate.
I would still like to know about sutro but there are limited reviews and its 3 times the monthly price.

Thanks to everyone on the site who posted about water guru. I probably wouldn't have heard about it otherwise.

PS: I do not have any affiliations with water guru.

washcycle

May 21, 2020
Aledo, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I've had the guru for almost a year now. It works really well. I trust it so much I only test by hand on the weekends now. The free water testing through the mail isn't bad either, but i've found those numbers don't seem to work out. I think sending them in the mail might affect the results, or I suck at testing.

prasadkm0204

LifeTime Supporter
Feb 23, 2015
Santa Clara,CA
Their support is non-existent. I sent the water sample on Feb 26th and till date I have no update on that.
Where do you see that on their app. It's not a deal breaker since I test on my own but would be good to validate it with another source.

I have emailed them ( and no one picks up the phone call).

The results though are still on dot.

Shirker

Jul 2, 2014
Athens, GA - USA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Eventually after what i'd say is a week or two it will show up here in the app.
I guess it is good to know what the results used to be. It is handy to know what you should have done. But that seems less than helpful when trying to be proactive.

Reactions: Donldson

NickatNite

Aug 2, 2018
Keller, TX
I want to share my experience of using water guru over the last 11 days.
I am happy to say that the readings have been spot on with my tft kit ( and with the readings of my pool startup service guy).

I initially came across phin (given their good marketing) but after reading mixed reviews and about ORP, I ended up going with water guru ( mostly given the +ve reviews from TFP readers).
I would rather have 2 things measured correctly instead of 5 things not being accurate.
I would still like to know about sutro but there are limited reviews and its 3 times the monthly price.

Thanks to everyone on the site who posted about water guru. I probably wouldn't have heard about it otherwise.

PS: I do not have any affiliations with water guru.
Worst money I ever spent. It provided good info for about 2 months then I find out I have to replace the cassette every 2 months, additional $100 a year. It hasn't worked since to a level that I can trust it after I replaced the cassette. Now after 3 months it can't find any wifi. Piece of junk.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This is an inactive thread. Any new postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. You will get much more visibility by Starting A New Thread