Water Fall pump ??

mojo1

Aug 17, 2011
I just replaced the pump on the water fall and I cant get it to pull water in . I fill the basket close the lid and it blast a shot out then nothing . I don think its clogged but maybe so . Would a check valve help at all. It has been off for about 6 months and I replace with same size pump. I will check for clogs .

Does the basket retain a large amount of air? If so, check and lube lid gasket, check and lube union gaskets. Debris can also get caught in the pump impeller. Use needle nose pliers to reach in through the basket and see if you can pull out some debris. If none of the above helps, get a hose and a water-unclogging bladder attachment and blow out the suction side from inside the basket.

Attachments

• 71EfmBPTjzL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    71EfmBPTjzL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 1
SB,

The main cause for a pump not to prime is a suction side air leak..

Show us some pics of your equipment pad showing the new pump and any valves..

Does the waterfall turn on when the pump runs, or are there valves that control the amount of water going over the falls??

Thanks,

Jim R.

jo.

While a clogged line is possible, the question would be how did it get clogged...

Where does the waterfall pump get its water? Could the old pump have sucked up a bunch of leaves or ?????

I would go with SteelBlue's idea to use a Drain King...

Thanks,

Jim R.

The bladder did the trick, I blew it out and and made sure it was flowing. The intake is on side of the pool, re-plumbed it no leaks and all is good! Thank you all for the help.We had pool re plastered new tile new coping and new pool decking done. Makes a huge difference in our back yard.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.