edmond,OK
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
So, we’ve had an unusually long stretch of heat and dry weather up in Oklahoma. I know it’s summer and all but I’ve got a few questions. Is it normal for a pool to evaporate quite a bit during a dry hot stretch. I’ve had to fill my pool several times in the last few weeks to the drain line. There’s no visible wet spots in my yard and it didn’t seem like I had any busted pipes after the freeze. My chemistry seems fine. Been a little high on pH so have added some acid but just curious if it is possibly more heat during day and cooler at night. Pool pretty much gets sun entire day with minimal shade cover from house roof.

Texas Splash

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 22, 2014
Texas, San Antonio/Marion, South-Central Area
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45 Plus
It is normal to a point. I too have to add some water about every 3 - 4 days. If it's windy even more. Wind really takes the water away. If your CYA and CH are not dropping, then you're probably fine.

Thread Status
Hello , This is an inactive thread. Any new postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. You will get much more visibility by Starting A New Thread