Water coming out backflush port with mutiport valve set to filter.

Gregd

Jun 16, 2013
I have 2003 pentair meteor sand filter. 26" #58930100. Water is pouring out the backflush port all the time. I capped the port and it filters correctly. I suspect air is also getting into the filter through the top when it is shut off. SHould I repair this or just purchase a new filter. I have never had this apart. Thanks for any help Greg

Well I was searching around online and it looks like a spider gasket may correct this issue. Does anyone know the correct p/n for this gasket. I was going to guess pentair 50131000. Thanks Greg

Well I was searching around online and it looks like a spider gasket may correct this issue. Does anyone know the correct p/n for this gasket. I was going to guess pentair 50131000. Thanks Greg
There are many different multiports, so you'll have to go by what the catalogs say. Or shut things down, remove the innards, and take it to a pool store and let them match it. It might cost more, but it'll be fixed right now. Get a new O-ring where the valve seats to the filter, too.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.