A pool service is closing my pool tomorrow morning. I went to a pool store yesterday to pick up some polyquat and I let them test my water while I was there. According to both of our tests, FC is 10, CC is .5, PH is 7.8, CYA is 50, and calcium is 250. Pool store says that phosphates are 200 so I need to add some non-chlorine shock to my pool before I add the polyquat to oxidize the organics in my pool. (They said that I didn’t have time to use phophate remover since I’m closing tomorrow.) I assume the phosphates are high because it is impossible to keep leaves out of the pool and it rained a day after shocking it. Would it help if I added some non-chlorine shock to the pool like the pool store recommended before adding the polyquat? I also need to know if I need to decrease PH since it is 7.8 or if it is just high because I shocked a few days ago and FC is 10. If I need to lower it before adding polyquat, how long do I need to wait after adding the muriatic acid before I can add the polyquat?