Water and pool Maintenance during rainfalls

ciaka

Jun 10, 2020
Austin, TX
Wonder what type if things one should pay attention to, during long rains. It's been raining for 3rd day straight here, which is very uncommon. Watchimg my pool, waterline creeping up. About 3/4 up the waterline tile

Do you drain?
Do I add extra chlorine during rain?
Anything else that can be done proactively, to keep pool in good shape?
Thanks.

When you get a lot of rain, make sure that the water is well mixed before testing.

Rainwater can sit on the top of the pool and the tests won't be accurate if you only get rainwater in the test sample.

If I don't drain it, will anything happen to the pool? Can somethinh be damaged if it us not drained a bit during a rain? There is no chance for any mud to enter, but want to know.
U don't even know how to start the pool drain if I wanted to.
Here is a pic of how high water is now.
20201231_105532.jpg

Yes. Here is a pic of my plumbing...
I am quite sure I would have to use that brass spigot, but how do I force water through it? Do I keep the main pump running? The next picture below that, is of the water level. Maybe hard to see, but the water level is about half inch from bottom of the stone lueder.
Will that damage the pool in anyway to have it this full? The rain just pretty much stopped, and looking at local forecast, there won't be more, so maybe just leave as is? Unless leaving can cause damage.
Thanks for advice.

20201231_124819.jpg

Water level...
20201231_124900.jpg

Do you have pictures of the equipment?

The water level should not hurt anything.

You can connect a garden hose to the spigot and open the spigot while the pump is on to lower the water level.

You can also use a siphon to lower the level.

Fill a garden hose full of water, stick one end in the pool water and put the other end at a lower elevation and the siphon will start by itself.

Set a timer and make a note because it's easy to forget.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.