Warrior SE not cleaning whole pool

lhegs

Jun 18, 2014
Victor
Just purchased the warrior SE and I’ve used it over the past 2 days and it doesn’t seem to be cleaning the whole pool. It’s missing big areas of the pool. Is it supposed to map the pool it’s first time out? Did I do something wrong? Any advice?

L,

It does not really map anything in the way we would normally think of it.. It starts a new "map" every time it is turned on.. It has a crude idea where it is and tries to not cover the same area over and over again.

I have three robots in three pools and can say that if I have a single leaf, the size of a dime, they will find it and pick it up every time. That said, the only way I have to tell if the cleaner is working is by the lack of any debris. It is not like I have so much stuff on the floor of my pool that I can actually see where the robot has been, and where it has not been.

Also keep in mind the the robot will not climb the wall every single time.

I do know that it will not pic up things if you are "looking at it"... :mrgreen: At least every time I have been watching, it will drive right past the same leaf until I go into the house.. when I come back out, it will be gone..

If you can see tracks on your pool floor, I don't think that is a robot problem..

I would call the seller and see what they have to say.. I don't think you can do anything wrong.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Last edited:
They work but moving water so if that gets restricted it limits what they can do.
Mine was used for first Spring cleaning and had a little pine straw wrapped around the propeller, took 5 minutes to clean it
I didn’t like the fine filters at first but now I am a fan. I leave them in place and just spray water inside to get the big stuff then from outside in to clear the pollen.

L,

It does not really map anything in the way we would normally think of it.. It starts a new "map" every time it is turned on.. It has a crude idea where it is and tries to not cover the same area over and over again.

I have three robots in three pools and can say that if I have a single leaf, the size of a dime, they will find it and pick it up every time. That said, the only way I have to tell if the cleaner is working is by the lack of any debris. It is not like I have so much stuff on the floor of my pool that I can actually see where the robot has been, and where it has not been.

Also keep in mind the the robot will not climb the wall every single time.

I do know that it will not pic up things if you are "looking at it"... :mrgreen: At least every time I have been watching, it will drive right past the same leaf until I go into the house.. when I come back out, it will be gone..

If you can see tracks on your pool floor, I don't think that is a robot problem..

I would call the seller and see what they have to say.. I don't think you can do anything wrong.

Thanks,

Jim R.
I don't have much on my floor either, but what I do have it isnt picking up. I let it run for the 2 hour cycle and still not picking up 50%. Do you think its not working right or is this expected? Seems like a lot of $ for 50% pick up

That is not typical. Mine gets everything. Something is not working properly. Contact the vendor you purchased it from.

I don't have much on my floor either, but what I do have it isnt picking up. I let it run for the 2 hour cycle and still not picking up 50%. Do you think its not working right or is this expected? Seems like a lot of $ for 50% pick up

That sounds like something is wrong, it cleans my entire pool in one cycle. I may see one piece left.
If you have checked the propeller and cleaned the filters you might have a bad unit.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I didn’t get a picture fast enough but it looked like it was going to the spa. When I started to take a picture it slowly backed down.
Maybe it’s watching us

Attachments

• 3AA3AA9C-F8DB-40CA-98AE-BC2F549CFDF9.jpeg
    3AA3AA9C-F8DB-40CA-98AE-BC2F549CFDF9.jpeg
    441.8 KB · Views: 29
Not familiar with the warrior but as a principal with many robotic cleaners, how well they work is dependent on the how clean the filters are and that is cause in effect of how well the water flows through the robot enabling it to pull in the dirt as it travels. If you have lots of debris in the filter and the water flowing through the filter is somewhat diminished that will show itself in the outcome of not picking up dirt off the floor. Fine filters are great at capturing fine debris but are also notorious in creating resistance to water flow as the fine mesh gets clogged more rapidly then its coarser counterparts. You will have better cleaning with the coarser filters hands down. An example is I purchased the ultra fine filter for the Polaris robotic 9550. I figured great now I'll have even a cleaner pool then before however once you have too much fine stuff caught it starts to have diminished flow and diminished cleaning. I also noticed that effect when it had trouble climbing or sticking to the wall as it had diminished water flow = diminished suction. Cleaned the filter or changed to the coarser one and all went well.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.